Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Great Gatsby Game

Reading and writing are my passions. I also adore video games.

The Great Gatsby has been one of my favorite books ever since I first read it. I love the way it feels as a reader, to be drawn into Gatsby's world, getting tangled up in all the hormones and emotions, and I also admire Fitzgerald as a writer with his to fabricate this world and detail it so crisp and serene.

An unreleased Japanese The Great Gatsby video game for NES was bought for 50 cents at a yard sale, and the finder turned into a website to share it. It looks and feels like the old Nintendo 64 Mario game that I grew up with. Interaction with the characters reads like Zelda. And the whole plot has to do with Gatsby?! Ah, I fell in love.

It's hosted online, and free to play. It's pretty short, and easy to beat, yet it's enticing, entertaining and addicting. Play, and enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. haha how cool! i smiled big when i got to the part "I also adore video games." because I do too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember watching The Great Gatsby in class. It's so nice to fall in love with... all the costumes, glitz, parties...

    ReplyDelete
  3. (: I wish the game on that link was an actual full length video game for like xbox or something; that would be incredible.

    It is nice to fall in love with, and terribly easy.

    Have you seen that they're coming out with a new movie next year staring Leonardo DiCaprio as Gatsby and Toby Maguire as Nick? AH so excted for that!

    ReplyDelete